The Hawk School was built in 1874 and originally located two miles south of Loup City. The lumber was hauled from Kearney by John L. Hawk; the first teacher was Clara Hawk. The building includes an original country school classroom complete with period student and teacher desks. This building was acquired by the SCHS in 1987. Each year local students visit and have a "lesson" in what it was like to attend a country school. Games of that time are also played.